Risk Management – How does it reduce the likelihood of a Claim?D...
As a specialist Healthcare medical indemnity broker, we work with a wide range of healthcare professionals in arranging bespoke indemnity insurance based on their specific requirements.
Cosmetic Surgery has growth by 5% year on year since 2015*, with reported revenues of £600m in 2017 for cosmetic surgeries performed in the UK. The rapid growth of industry has opened up ample opportunities for healthcare professionals and individuals with relevant qualifications to tap into the lucrative cosmetic surgery market.
What insurance do Cosmetic Practitioners need?
Cosmetic Practitioners require specialist insurance to cover all aspects of medical malpractice, in the event the procedure did not go to plan or the patient had an adverse reaction. This specialist insurance is often provided by private insurers on a Claims Made basis. To understand the difference between Claims Made Vs Claims Occurred – please refer to our Insights & Blogs by clicking here.
Our bespoke Cosmetic Insurance is designed to protect you for any cosmetic works that you carry out at your clinic or designated workspace.
We actively work with the below entities in arranging bespoke insurance programmes, offering ‘best in class’ international coverage, including USA cover options.
- Cosmetic Practitioners Individuals, groups or partnerships – we have the most cost effective solution for your requirements.
- Cosmetic Surgeons From basic surgical procedures to full reconstructive surgery, we specialise in arrange bespoke insurance solutions for world-renown surgeons, either as individuals or as groups and private practices
- Clinic & Surgery Insurance We understand the challenges in running a busy healthcare business. Our specialist cover options for Clinic & Surgery insurance allows you to customise the level of cover you need, subject to the size of your practice. Click here to receive an instant quote indication.
- Product Suppliers As the Cosmetics industry grows, as do the requirement of product suppliers and innovations. We work with a host of international product designers, suppliers and manufacturers in establishing bespoke insurance solutions covering all Products and Public Liability, including Product Recall and reputational damage.
The medical locum industry in the UK has rapidly expanded over the last 10 years where over 50% of the UK’s medical professional workforce have carried out Locum work either within a NHS setting or private practice*.
Do Locums need Medical Indemnity?
This depends largely on who you are carrying out Locum work for. For example, if you’re working as a locum for an NHS trust, indemnity will be provided under the Crown Indemnity scheme.
However, if you are working as a Locum for a private healthcare provider, you will need to arrange adequate and appropriate insurance or indemnity for any work you do for that organisation. Often this is purchased from traditional Medical Defence Organisations at a significant cost and limitations (number of hours you can work, Out of Hours limitations)
At Servca, we create bespoke contracted defence insurance to cover you for any Locum and Out of Hours work, including Medico Legal cover – offering you a complete piece of mind with a single monthly premium.
- Indemnity up to £50m for individuals or whole practices
- Global coverage, including USA
- Employment T&Cs of Service
- Advice on Employment grievance procedures
- Employment advice and representation in the employer disciplinary and capability process
- GMC hearings
- Tribunal support
- Professional Disciplinary Defence
- Defence against patient complaints
- Representation for trainees in ARCP appeals and in
- Legal Advice & Representative with ServCare Medical Union.
- Run Off & Extended Reporting Periods up to 20 years
*Figures from Keynote Research UK National Health Service Outsourcing 2017