Construction company liability insurances

Construction Insurance

Request a Call Back

From Engineers, Cladding Contractors, Ground Works, Architects and Building Designers – as a specialty broker, we develop cutting edge insurance solutions specifically based around your business and exposures.  

Whatever the size of the project you’re working on – from individual building extensions to multi-million pound commercial projects, we tailor insurance solutions around your requirements. As such, we are able to work with our clients by offering a ‘one-off’ large limit or seeking a policy to cater for your requirements throughout the year on multiple projects. As a specialist in professional liability for the construction industry, we often arrange limits up to GBP 100m (or currency equivalent) for our international construction clients. 

As a specialty broker, we work with clients who may have suffered previous losses or claims in providing them with competitive priced indemnity cover to ensure business continuity.  

Trade groups and professionals that we actively work with:

  • Architects
  • Cladding Contractors
  • Building Services Engineers & Designers
  • Consulting Engineers (Civil, Mechanical)
  • Ground Works
  • Fabrications & Erectors
  • Property & Estate Managers
  • Project Managers and Coordinators

Why is professional indemnity required for professions in the construction sector?

Professional indemnity insurance offers protection against potentially disastrous financial loss and is a compulsory requirement of many professional bodies part of the construction industry. Claims are often found where the intention of our clients have been good, however through human error or lack of judgement – an error is made which directly affects the time-line and project, erupting into a huge claim of financial loss. 

If you are a member of RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors), NAEA (National Association of Estate Agents), ARLA (Association of Residential Letting Agents) or the ARB (Architects Registration Board) you will know that mandatory rules apply regarding professional liability insurance. Many other professionals may find they are required to hold and maintain cover to comply with the terms and conditions of their contracts, particularly if involved in local authority or government contracts.

Latest posts from our Insights & Blogs